Satire: Lifehack to Deal with Unchanging Truths!
Those pesky doctrines!
With the anniversary of The Family: A Proclamation to the World emphasizing commandments that have been in force since Adam or even the premortal realm, many progressives have felt frustrated.
On top of this, President Russell M. Nelson in a recent address declared: “Truth is truth,” which was, of course, hurtful to many who don’t feel comfortable with eternal and unchanging truths.
Fortunately, a new lifehack has revolutionized the world of LDS BCC SJW’s like CAL.
While truth is unchanging, President Nelson addressed the change in policy surrounding the baptism of children with LGBT parents between 2015 and 2019. So while “truth” is unchanging, “policy” can change!
Here’s how we use this loophole:
We label everything we don’t like as a “policy.”
- The Family: A Proclamation to the World – policy
- Anything about modesty – policy
- The word of wisdom – policy
- The law of chastity – policy
- Brigham Young – policy
- Russell M. Nelson – policy
- The Ten Commandments, written by the finger of God himself on Horeb, given to his chosen prophet Moses, and sealed in the Ark of the Covenant and resided in the Holy of Holies in the Tabernacle and later the Temple of God – policy
- Gravity – policy
Anything that’s policy, could change…especially if we murmur enough against the prophets.
Plus, anything that suggests this strategy might not work is…you guessed it… policy!
Brett Jensen manages The Ward Preacher. You can follow him on Twitter @wardpreacher.